Sunday, July 17, 2011

My top 5 favorite Murder My Sweet(1944) quotes



NOTE: Thanks for IMDB for spelling

Dick Powell as Ramyond Chandler's Philip Marlowe
Claire Trevor as Mrs.Helen Grayle aka Velma
Anne Shirley as Ann Grayle

1.Philip Marlowe: I caught the blackjack right behind my ear. A black pool opened up at my feet. I dived in. It had no bottom. I felt pretty good - like an amputated leg

2.Philip Marlowe: She had more than a figure too. Not a beautiful face, but a good face. She had a face like a Sunday School picnic. You have any idea what kind of face that is, Nulty?

Detective Nulty: I wouldn't know.

3.Lt. Randall: [during an interrogation] How do you feel?

Philip Marlowe: Like a duck in a shooting gallery.

4.Helen Grayle: It's a long story and not pretty.

Philip Marlowe: I got lots of time and I'm not squeamish.

5.Ann Grayle: You know, I think you're nuts. You go barging around without a very clear idea of what you're doing. Everybody bats you down, smacks you over the head, fills you full of stuff... and you keep right on hitting between tackle and end. I don't think you even know which SIDE you're on.

Philip Marlowe: I don't know which side anybody's on. I don't even know who's playing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment